Skip to main content
Hospitality Info Keys

Keys and Lockouts

Frequently asked questions regarding keys and lockouts:

I’ve lost my student ID/bedroom key. What do I do?

For bedroom keys, you will be given your courtesy key as a replacement and your student account will be billed $10.  

For lost IDs, you will be given a temporary keycard, but will need to contact Campus Card Services to obtain a new ID card.  Once you have your new ID, reach out to the HI Staff during business hours to have it encoded.

What happens if I get locked out?

HI Staff are available to assist you with lockouts during business hours. If you get locked out Monday-Friday after 8:30 p.m. and before 8 a.m. or Saturday-Sunday after 3 p.m. and before 8 a.m., call the UC Police Department at (858) 534-4357 (HELP).

Residents student accounts will be charged a $25 fee for each request to cover the cost of dispatching staff and for the administrative cost associated with the service. There is no grace period, appeal process, or fee waiving exception to after-hours requests.

I’m moving out early, what do I do with my keys?

You can drop your bedroom key in the designated Key Drop slot in the mailroom or your mailbox.  If you have a e-lock key card separate from your Student ID, please include this with the key drop.

Key Drop Slot
Key Drop Slot

Contact Info & (NEW) Hours

Hospitality Information

Open 7 days a week!
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.